Yes you read it right. My dad has MPS, short for multi personality syndrome. A condition that has lasting effects on oneself and others who come in contact. Me and family are still finding ways to come around it…sigh!
OK ok ok…. don’t get tensed or serious and no need to google MPS… Yes the term does exist but when it comes to my dad… it’s a whole other MPS with a totally twisted meaning! Ooops sorry if I got you the serious way hehehehe but what to do… Like father like daughter…just cant live without fun n pranks! 🙂
When I was born he must have thought I would be a handful. That’s why he took the job of being my dad. He knew he could handle it. And he must have known that I would need him to help keep me on the straight and narrow. For that I am grateful. Grateful for every time he gave me advice, even though I might not have always seemed grateful at the time.
But who knew HE was going to top the charts when it comes to being a handful!
He is weird. YES he is… but is the intelligent weird… you know what I mean,..no?? OK…here are some examples –
1. A fantastic orator and marketing wizard : Has knowledge almost about everything under the sun BUT Never ever participates in a non professional debate! Why?? Well, mostly because all the debates in the family or with friends start after 10.00pm after gulping down the fluid ;P So he is really smart!
2. He is a liar : He says watching sitcoms and movies are a waste of time and one should do something productive. I have always seen him reading business magazines, economic times, business books, following the stock market on tv/newspaper/personal tab..basically i have always seen him with the serious stuff… and yet, when me and my sis are having some stupid Bollywood related conversation, he updates us with the latest in the tinsel town! he actually told us who Preity Zinta broke up with and who she is dating now!!! i mean seriously… he needs to let go off some news!!
3. Obsessed with his own stuff : All the things that he owns are the bestestestest! yeah.. try to argue with that! ya,,,like a kid who cannot tolerate anybody else’s stuff to be cooler than his! Whoever knows my dad and is reading this is nodding right now…i know for sure! It could be his car, his laptop, his personal tab, his office, the list goes on.. he gets attached to his things and since he is a smooth talker, he makes you agree with him!! Ask his son-in-law..he has been a victim many a times! pss pss… I love it when he looses to dad..khee khee khee.. that was my sly laugh btw ;D
4. The protector : Moms are the most protective about their children. HUH… meet him and you will take back your words! guaranteed! He is by far the most protective mammal on earth! He used to make me and sister wear knee pads, elbow pads, helmet and carry a walky-talky when we went out to play!! This is just one example. And no it doesn’t end there. Our friends have been victims of papa kangaroo too! Yup, i know who all are nodding!
5. The strong one : He says – Be strong. Face all the difficulties with courage. Never get scared of anything…daddy is always right behind you! pss pss except the time when you are facing mom!
But on a serious note, there is one thing that he says and follows himself – Smile… and the world will smile back at you 🙂
I have never seen him without a smile on his face and everyone who knows him will agree. Me and family know well that behind that smile, is an iron heart that has experienced a lot of hardship and is full of dedication and a never-say-die attitude!
I think he is pretty awesome and I’m glad he is the one I call ‘dad’.
Happy Father’s Day daddy! – and Im saying this with a big smile 🙂